1. Your personal data – what is it is?
Your personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
2. Who are we?
Oxton Organics is the data controller. This means that the Partners Julian Eldridge and Jayne Arnold acting as Data Processing Officers for the company decide how your personal data is processed and for what purpose.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Oxton Organics complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; but not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to operate a trading account with you for legitimate business purposes;
- To enable us to send invoices to you for orders placed with us;
- To enable us to maintain our own accounts and records – including processing of receipt of payments by cash, cheque, BACS and card payments;
- To enable us to contact you in connection to orders placed e.g. to advise of availability issues;
- To enable us to include you on our weekly mailing group;
- To enable us to send broadcast e-mails containing important information for customer use;
- To enable us to send potential new customers information about the company and following enquiries made in person, by e-mail or telephone or via our website;
- Any other necessary purposes not listed above but within our normal trading relationship.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your data?
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain customer data in accordance with the guidelines set out by HMRC in relation to accounting services.
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential within Oxton Organics . Personal data will be used within our own accounting records but will not be shared or sold to any third party without your consent.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal data which Oxton Organics holds about you;
- The right to request that the company corrects any personal data that is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request that your data is deleted where it is no longer necessary for the company to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time (please note that regrettably we would be unable to trade with you if this were the case);
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with her / his personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller,(known as the right to portability, if applicable);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
-The right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable. Please note that for traceability purposes we do require customers name and address when supplying produce);
-The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
We will only use personal details of customers for the reasons of conducting our normal business activities and not for any other use. If we wish to use your data for any other purpose not covered by this Data Protection Notice then we will obtain your prior consent before commencement of any other activities.
9. Contact details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in the first instance please contact the us on 01386 860477 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
CONSENT UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION:
Consent is automatically assumed for those customers with whom we already have a legitimate business
connection for reasons of trading.
For all new customers: By signing this form you are confirming that you have read this Data Protection Notice
and that you are consenting to Oxton Organics holding and processing your personal data for the following
-To enable us to operate a trading account with you for legitimate business purposes;
-To enable us to send invoices and credit notes to you for orders placed with us;
-To enable us to maintain our own accounts and records – including processing of receipt of payments by cash,
cheque, BACS and card payments;
-To enable us to contact you in connection to orders placed e.g. to advise of availability issues;
-To enable us to include you on our weekly mailing group;
-To enable us to send broadcast e-mails containing important information for customer use;
-To enable us to send potential new customers information about the company following enquiries made in
person, by e-mail or telephone or via our website.
-Any other necessary purposes not listed above but within our normal trading relationship.
You may withdraw your consent at any time and be removed from relevant mailing lists however we reserve
the right to retain data to fulfil our legal accounting obligations.